Sunday, December 5, 2010

Big Toe Internal Blister

one weeks


Since Friday evening I'm from Poland again, and if you followed my new photo blog , then you have also seen that since we had so few of snow. Cold it was, up to -15 ° C, as far as I know, but first things first.

Last Sunday I flew with a colleague from Brussels to Warsaw, and subsequently 2 hours by taxi to Lodz. The driver was partially a little odd move, considering that winter had just begun and it was abundantly plain in places, but anyway, we are healthy and in one piece in the hotel arrived. The rooms were small but all very new and in a great condition, everything you need so well any more. In the hotel there was free wireless (very good!) And a restaurant with a very good selection. Another plus was the short way to the office, which was in fact almost on the other side of a major road junction.



What is really interesting about our office in Poland is that it is quite young. The vast majority who work there are younger than me or about the same age. Since I'm so in spite of all rumors quite young, so you can watch the age structure present in some.

I was there for several reasons, firstly it was to know about our team there to pass on what is face to face much easier than by phone or video conferences on the other hand I have given two presentations with colleagues. One on a system, which this year we "create" and have about what we in our department have in the future so ago. It knows my writing style and my style - with a little humor to get there always a hit.

course you can go in Poland also great evening drinking beer and vodka, I have held me back a week but when I first on business will not cross the line, and I second to fight the whole time with a cold, had I but could not get with a neon yellow hot drink by a colleague from Poland under control.



As for the weather, it was - as I said - cold and there was plenty of snow, so much that on Monday some people arrived at midday at work, and some in the evening several hours instead of 20 minutes and took home. If the hotel is opposite and there is food and what can you take such conditions more relaxed than when you go there yourself or with the car.



I live abroad and I have to muddle through here a lot in Dutch, but if you look in a country where one can read a word or even pronounce was, then you are really grateful for any help , one can get. Except in hotel and offices, because hardly anyone speaks English, especially, the generation before mine, because that was already so out of school when the turn came.

is cheapest in the country really pop when Considering that I lived for ~ 400 € a week in hotel with breakfast and I have eaten there twice in the evening, a two-Gänge_Menü. Electronics and gasoline are great in a similar price range, as with us, but room and board, favorable, probably also reflected in the wages there ... It can be seen in many places already, that there must hinfließen some money from the EU before a similar standard, as we have. motorways as it is almost not at least according to the 2-hour drive from Warsaw, Lodz.

summary, the trip was good, because I know our team better now that know me better, I have a country more in my stats (Yay!) and I will certainly come back, hopefully with better weather.

0 comments:

Post a Comment