Sunday, February 27, 2011

Colors For 40th Birthday Colors

full program

get bored with me less lately, especially when you've once see Staring my last week. Last Sunday we were called "Belgian delegation in revspace (The Hague) for a square hack-planning meeting. Hack the square is the meeting of the Benelux family under one roof at this year's Summer Camp CCC. The Hague is about 180 km from Ghent, is not just so around the corner, but still doable. The meeting was a bit chaotic, but in the end was quite a bit under way. Once newline over, I'll hang me in there sometimes more.

Our friends from the north are known, they do all sorts of tinkering with IKEA Lack tables, such as the LackRack and one of these crafts, I will copy for newline, namely a lectern from 3 tables. The material that I've bought if it is zusammengedengelt, I show you some pictures.

Tuesday I had the unique opportunity to see a talk by Richard Stallman (RMS) , founder of the GNU Project and the Free Software Foundation in Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) to . One of the members in the Hacker Space Brussels and the VUB working and had let us know. Most of you have probably never heard of RMS, which is normal if you are not active in the software area, but the man has much on track, which today is standard everywhere. He is also known that he is a little cranky, but I think only just an old hippie with ideals for which he fights. The lecture was the dangers of Software patents on the subject that I will spare you here, surely that is too much at once. If you interested in Free Software or Open Source since RMS and have the chance to see, they perceive it's worth it! According to RMS, we were still on duty in the daily meeting hsbxl .

Brussels is an international city that the Flemish, the Belgian government and the EU is home. This of course brings all sorts of young, progressive ideas to Brussels. The town is also the scene of record-winning government negotiations, the problems in our democracies and to show, especially here in Belgium. This mixture has a talk series, " hack democracy is "formed. This place monthly in beta group Coworking Space place and introduces new approaches for democracy in the 21st century.'s This is also about the use of technology and how it can help.

The three lectures were in my opinion, okay, the first was the most interesting, because coming out of the main organizer of ShameBE , which is only 20 years old probably, and told of how outside the news of the demo in Brussels the traditional media through social networks like twitter and has spread facebook. 40% of all traffic on the site, the organizers came from such media. Blogs also seem to form a more and more serious factor. Interesting developments, I think. The second talk was about secure and verifiable elections by means of computers and I have rolled up while the toenails. I'm for technology, but please, please, no voting machines, which are not secure and never will be. The CCC fought in Germany, fortunately successfully for years, so I do not want that here now deepen. The third talk was about the election of the secondary schools in Belgium and how the parents will can best be implemented. This seems to be a very complex system, but that does not surprise me, because much is so unspeakably awkward. Let's wait and see.

Thursday was perfectly normal evening meeting at the White Space with a few plans in the direction newline. A workshop of the hardware group was in parallel under way, as her one probably. have seen pictures on my blog .

Friday was this time a special variant of the "Monthly" drinks. If I should have told it never gives every last Friday of the month, from 17:00 clock a drink in the cafeteria. All at the expense of the company and a good opportunity for talking with people with whom one in the daily business from coming into contact. The special and this issue was that this time bags, T-shirts, pens, ice scrapers, and what I do not know everything with the good old Nils Holgerson logo for umme "was, for the name change is now complete and we are now just TomTom.

I was aware during the Monthly drinks the beer kept away, because I did later when dorkbot in timelab by watching . Dorkbot is a show-and-Tell-series, which shows the artistic side of electronic and software hobbyists. The world takes place in different cities and in many years here Gent. Kurt, one of the organizers of the local FabLab " timelab " is based on its feet. He is also the one from which we have white space, that is taken over the physical location, for which we he really grateful! The theme this time was FabFood and everything related to the creative use of food, drink and plants in the form of artistic gardens. Some was a bit oblique, but no less fun nonetheless.

Saturday morning I had then to enter into this program complete a colleague helped the move and since this is done, I'm first a little break. Boredom is with me this week not come up, as you can imagine. Oh yes, I was working and there is also what happens cool, but that's in another posting here.

If I weighed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment